Senior Tax Advisor
Ranging from local SMEs to the Belgian branches of multinationals, our diverse clients are counting on you for incisive tax advice. Do you enjoy contributing to the success of dynamic companies? If you like responsibility and want to learn quickly, the position of senior tax advisor at Grant Thornton is perfect for you.
What does a tax advisor at Grant Thornton do?
Our tax advisors are responsible for a varied range of tasks. Here's a taste of what you can expect:
- Acting as a ‘trusted advisor’ for your clients. Clients know they can always come to you with any questions about individual and corporate taxation, mergers and takeovers, reorganisations and many more taxation topics.
- You'll be in contact with entrepreneurs, managers and shareholders at a range of companies in diverse sectors. Your clients are also often active in the international context. Interesting!
- You're in direct contact with your clients from the start. This helps you build trust with clients in no time.
What makes you the senior tax advisor we're looking for?
You learn most from doing. This goes for our junior tax advisors too. There are a few requirements however, and ideally you already have a number of basic skills:
- You have a Master's degree in law or economics and have completed a supplementary fiscal programme.
- You've at least 2 years of relevant experience within a consultancy or accountancy firm or in a tax advice office.
- You have an understanding of economy and are interested in the ins and outs of the business world.
- You are flexible in terms of travelling to our various offices and to your clients.
- You have strong communication skills and are proficient in Dutch or French and English.
- You like to be creative when searching for solutions tailored to your client's business.
- You show initiative, take responsibility without hesitation and work methodically.
In short, you convey our CLEARR values. CLEARR stands for collaboration, leadership, excellence, agility, respect and responsibility. We're 'clear' on that, right?
What can we offer you?
Here at Grant Thornton, you will be among some of the best colleagues and enjoy an awesome work environment. But that's not all, of course! We also offer:
- An attractive salary with additional holidays, a phone subscription, insurance and a company car that you can exchange for a bicycle and/or extra salary if you wish.
- You have flexible working hours and may also work from home. The how and what will be discussed with your team and clients.
- You will have the opportunity to develop yourself at your own pace through:
- At least 40 training hours a year to brush up on your professional knowledge and soft skills.
- A learning environment with a wide variety of clients, sectors and topics that you will come into contact with.
- Experienced colleagues who are always ready to share their knowledge and good advice with you in our open working environment.
- A multidisciplinary working environment: enriching collaborations guaranteed!
- Would you like to obtain additional certificates and/or diplomas? Then you will receive our unconditional support during your learning process and possible internship.
- Our international network that offers you the prospect of many career opportunities. We work with more than 62,000 experts in 140 countries!
Yes, I want the job!