Junior VAT consultant
Keen to contribute to the success of dynamic businesses while quickly flourishing under the wings of experienced colleagues? Then this job is just right for you! Local SMEs, Belgian establishments and multinationals… our clients all count on your expertise.
What does a Junior VAT consultant at Grant Thornton do?
Our Junior VAT Consultants are responsible for a varied range of tasks. Here's a taste of what you can expect:
- Within the Tax department, you will act as a trusted advisor to our clients.
- You offer support and high-quality technical advice on VAT to a diverse clientele, at the office or at the client’s premises.
- You work on specific VAT projects in the context of implementation, optimisation, regularisation and/or screening.
- You provide assistance during VAT inspections and you guide the client through regularisations.
- You guide and control compliance files, both for Belgian requirements and for international requirements.
- Furthermore, you support the further development of the VAT practice in our tax department.
What makes you the Junior VAT Consultant we're looking for?
You learn most from doing. This goes for our junior advisors too. There are a few requirements however, and ideally you already have a number of basic skills:
You should preferably have obtained a diploma in an economic or legal field.
In an ideal world, you will already possess some project experience in the subject matter.
- Experience of IT audits and data analysis or an eagerness to learn is an advantage.
- With your analytical ability, you look for solutions tailored to your clients' business needs.
- You have strong communication skills and are proficient in Dutch, French and English.
- You are flexible in terms of travelling to our various offices and to your clients.
- You show initiative, take responsibility without hesitation and work methodically.
In short, you convey our CLEARR values. CLEARR stands for collaboration, leadership, excellence, agility, respect and responsibility. We're 'clear' on that, right?
What can we offer you?
Here at Grant Thornton, you will be among some of the best colleagues and enjoy an awesome work environment. But that's not all, of course! We also offer:
- An attractive salary with additional holidays, a phone subscription, insurance and a company car that you can exchange for a bicycle and/or extra salary if you wish.
- You have flexible working hours and may also work from home. The how and what will be discussed with your team and clients.
- You will have the opportunity to develop yourself at your own pace through:
- At least 40 training hours a year to brush up on your professional knowledge and soft skills.
- A learning environment with a wide variety of clients, sectors and topics that you will come into contact with.
- Experienced colleagues who are always ready to share their knowledge and good advice with you in our open working environment.
- A multidisciplinary working environment: enriching collaborations guaranteed!
- Would you like to obtain additional certificates and/or diplomas? Then you will receive our unconditional support during your learning process and possible internship.
- Our international network that offers you the prospect of many career opportunities. We work with more than 62,000 experts in 140 countries!
Yes, I want the job!