Ranging from local SMEs to the Belgian branches of multinationals, our diverse clients are counting on you to keep a close eye on their accounts. Do you enjoy contributing to the success of dynamic companies? Would you like to progress quickly alongside experienced colleagues? If the answer to these questions is yes, then the Junior Accountant position at Grant Thornton is perfect for you.
What does a junior accountant at Grant Thornton do?
Our junior accountants are responsible for a varied range of tasks. Here's a taste of what you can expect:
- Acting as a ‘trusted advisor’ for your clients. They know you're always available to answer any accounting questions they may have.
- Working for diverse companies in a wide range of sectors. Your clients are also often active in the international context. Interesting!
- Under the supervision of an experienced manager, you'll prepare VAT and other tax returns, draw up financial statements and accurately enter accounting documents.
- You're in direct contact with your clients from the start and you regularly work on site. This helps you build trust with clients in no time.
- Your responsibilities will soon grow - they will increase at the same rate as your progress.
What makes you the junior accountant we're looking for?
You learn most from doing. This goes for our junior accountants too. There are a few requirements however, and ideally you already have a number of basic skills:
- You have a bachelor's degree in accountancy and taxation, a Master's in applied economic sciences (majoring in accountancy) or a Master's in commercial sciences (majoring in accountancy and taxation).
- You've just completed your education or you've had some initial experience in an accountant's office.
- You have an understanding of economy and are interested in the ins and outs of the business world.
- You are flexible in terms of travelling to our various offices and to your clients.
- You are ambitious and have an inquiring mind. As junior accountant, you will be given every opportunity to progress.
- You have strong communication skills and are proficient in Dutch, French and English.
- You like to be creative when searching for solutions tailored to your client's business.
- You show initiative, take responsibility without hesitation and work methodically.
In short, you convey our CLEARR values. CLEARR stands for collaboration, leadership, excellence, agility, respect and responsibility. We're 'clear' on that, right?
What can we offer you?
Here at Grant Thornton, you will be among some of the best colleagues and enjoy an awesome work environment. But that's not all, of course! We also offer:
- An attractive salary with additional holidays, a phone subscription, insurance and a company car that you can exchange for a bicycle and/or extra salary if you wish.
- You have flexible working hours and may also work from home. The how and what will be discussed with your team and clients.
- You will have the opportunity to develop yourself at your own pace through:
- At least 40 training hours a year to brush up on your professional knowledge and soft skills.
- A learning environment with a wide variety of clients, sectors and topics that you will come into contact with.
- Experienced colleagues who are always ready to share their knowledge and good advice with you in our open working environment.
- A multidisciplinary working environment: enriching collaborations guaranteed!
- Would you like to obtain additional certificates and/or diplomas? Then you will receive our unconditional support during your learning process and possible internship.
- Our international network that offers you the prospect of many career opportunities. We work with more than 62,000 experts in 140 countries!
Yes, I want the job!