Do you enjoy getting your teeth into challenging customer projects? Are you solution-oriented, ideally out of the box? Not afraid of taking the lead? Then this job is exactly what you’re looking for. Local SMEs, Belgian establishments and multinationals: our clients all count on your expertise.
What does a Senior Accountant at Grant Thornton do?
- Acting as a ‘trusted advisor’ for your clients. They know you're always available to answer any tax and financial questions they may have.
- You support clients in drawing up interim statements and (annual) reports, both for Belgian medium-sized companies and international clients. This is regularly done on the client's premises.
- You keep the accounts for various companies and are responsible for preparing VAT and tax returns, as well as attending tax audits.
- You work autonomously and independently to complete your assignments. You will get the opportunity to work your way up to more complex cases.
- As a business advisor you pay the necessary attention to cross-selling.
- You will be coached in obtaining your ITAA and will be given increasingly challenging dossiers to look after. This will give you every opportunity to grow into the position you aspire to.
What makes you the senior accountant we are looking for?
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Accountancy-Finance or a Master's degree in this specialisation.
- You have at least 2 years of relevant experience in a consultancy or accountancy firm.
- As a team player, you make contacts easily thanks to your strong communication skills, in Dutch, French and English
- You have a strong sense of responsibility and always strive for excellent customer service, by working in a result and solution-oriented way.
- You have a great passion for figures and have a hunger for knowledge.
- You are flexible to travel to the customer and/or to our different offices.
In short, you convey our CLEARR values. CLEARR stands for collaboration, leadership, excellence, agility, respect and responsibility.
What can we offer you?
Here at Grant Thornton, you will be among some of the best colleagues and enjoy an awesome work environment. But that's not all, of course! We also offer:
- An attractive salary with additional holidays, a phone subscription, insurance and a company car that you can exchange for a bicycle and/or extra salary if you wish.
- You have flexible working hours and may also work from home. The how and what will be discussed with your team and clients.
- You will have the opportunity to develop yourself at your own pace through:
- At least 40 training hours a year to brush up on your professional knowledge and soft skills.
- A learning environment with a wide variety of clients, sectors and topics that you will come into contact with.
- A multidisciplinary working environment: enriching collaborations guaranteed!
- Would you like to obtain additional certificates and/or diplomas? Then you will receive our unconditional support during your learning process and possible internship.
- Our international network that offers you the prospect of many career opportunities. We work with more than 62,000 experts in 140 countries!
Yes, I want the job!